Manitoba is an unspoiled, affordable place to live – a place full of open skies and natural beauty where people from all cultures live and work together. Manitobans enjoy clean air and water, peace and security, and a good quality of life.
The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) is a government immigration program that selects skilled workers who demonstrate they have the potential and the desire to immigrate and settle themselves and their families in the Canadian province of Manitoba.
The MPNP accepts applications from skilled workers who can make a positive contribution to Manitoba’s economy and society as permanent residents. This requires:
- Education and training
- Work experience
- Enough English or French to start a job soon after arrival
- A connection to Manitoba (for example, friends or family or current employment)
- Settlement supports (enough money to maintain yourself and your family while you are becoming established)
- The intention to settle permanently in Manitoba
To be considered for nomination you must demonstrate that you have:
- A formal offer of long-term, full-time job with a Manitoba employer
- The training, work experience and language ability required for the job you have been offered (including any license or certification required in your country of residence)
- The intention and the ability to settle permanently in Manitoba
The International Student priority assessment stream is for graduates who have established strong ties to Manitoba and intend to live, work and establish their careers here.To be eligible to apply you must have already:
- Graduated from a post-secondary educational program of at least one academic year at a Manitoba institution
- Obtained a post-graduation open work permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
- Received from a Manitoba employer a formal offer of a full-time, long-term job related to your field of studies, AND
- You must be working for that Manitoba employer, and have been so for at least six months.
Family Support Stream
You are eligible to apply under the MPNP Family Support priority assessment stream if you can demonstrate that you:
- Have a close relative who is an established resident of Manitoba and who is willing and able to support your settlement in the province.
- Meet our minimum requirements for age, education, work experience and language ability
The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program undertakes special initiatives to help the province meet the objectives of the Canadian Manitoba Immigration Agreement (CMIA). Initiatives are undertaken at the discretion of the MPNP in accordance with program needs and available resources.
You are eligible to apply to the MPNP through a Strategic Initiative if you:
- Have received a letter of invitation to apply as part of an MPNP targeted promotional initiative, OR
- Have the support of an ethnocultural community organization or regional economic development organization in Manitoba that will help you arrange an exploratory visit that has been pre-approved by the MPNP
The MPNP General stream is for skilled workers who can be assessed enough points in each assessment factor and who can demonstrate their intention and ability to establish successfully and permanently in Manitoba. The assessment factors are explained below.
To be eligible to apply under the General stream you must provide one of the following:
- Proof of a close relative in Manitoba
- Two affidavits of support (MAS), each completed by a close friend or distant relative in Manitoba **
- Proof that you have previously worked full-time in Manitoba for at least six months
- Proof that you completed an educational program in Manitoba of at least one academic year (excluding language-training programs)